Saturday, September 14, 2019

Cary Elwes: Sponge Worthy?


Beth: I realized after three years of marriage that David's little quirks were getting on my nerves
Jerry Seinfeld: Three years is a long time to be married


A few years after playing Westley in A Princess Bride, and appearing in Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Cary Elwes played a small role in The Wait Out, an episode in the eighth season of Seinfeld.  Thanks to a comment by George, (duh) Beth and David decide to divorce.  Great news for Jerry and Elaine, who have been waiting to swoop in and date the now separated couple.


Although I'm not a devote Princess Bride film, I did like the 1987 flick, especially Elwes and his sexy blonde bangs.  I think I really noticed the London born actor a the following decade in the 1993 flick The Crush. When I started this piece, I thought I'd be capping Elwes brief shower butt flash, but a little research indicates that beautiful wet behind was most likely a body double.  There was however, an earlier nude scene I had hand't heard about.

Lady Jane (1986)

Elwes looks especially fetching as Guilford Dudley, romancing Lady Jane Grey (Helena Bonham Carter) in the 1986 drama Lady Jane. Once again, Elwes' beautiful blonde hair takes center stage in this period romance.  Sadly, (spoiler alert) the romance doesn't end well for Guilford and Lady Jane. Unlike in The Crush however, Elwes' brief butt baring appears by the scenes edit, to be actually him.


This brings my Sponge Worthy series to an end, but there were a few other actors of note I didn't want to leave out.  Check them out on PAGE 2 HERE:


1 comment:

MostFun said...

Cary Elwes - one of my favorites since "Another Country"