Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Horror Hunks: Brock O'Hurn in Boo! A Madea Halloween


'My name's Ronaldo, but my friends call me Horse.'


For some reason, up until this week, I've avoided the Madea franchise.  I felt it was just a rip-off of Eddie Murphy's The Nutty Professor, which of course was a rip-of itself.  I also run hot and cold about Tyler Perry. I know he's an incredibly talented and giving man, but I've struggled to really love or get into any of his movies or TV shows.


Last week however, in the spirit of the season, I watched a bit of Boo! A Madea Halloween on TV.  I didn't make it to the end, but I have to admit that I enjoyed what I watched, enough to want to check out the entire film when it comes on again.  I laughed much more than I thought I would, and Perry did a great job with his multiple roles.


I was also drawn, (duh) to the long haired Adonis who played frat boy Horse in the flick. Actor Brock O'Hurn is incredibly hot not to mention insanely photogenic and Boo! marked his film debut.  Although a comedy, not a horror film, it was Halloween themed and gave me the perfect reason to share some of my favorite shots from Brock's Instagram page.


The Sacramento based actor discovered bodybuilding during his sophomore year in high school after being dissatisfied with his body.  After graduation, O'Hurn worked briefly at his uncle's heating and cooling systems company before getting modeling jobs with Abercrombie and Fitch and True Religion. 


Through his modeling, not to mention his many Instagram shirtless and man bun images, O'Hurn began to grow an audience, one that only got bigger after appearing as Horse.  O'Hurn went on to appear in the Boo2! and in Perry's television series Too Close to Home.  The longed haired beauty also made a cameo as the aptly credited 'Super Hot Warrior Man' on the third episode of HBO's Euphoria.




No comments: