Friday, November 15, 2019

Favorite Face of the Day: Andrew Levitas


Don't ask me how, but I'd forgotten how sexy artist and actor Andrew Levitas truly is.  I'd seen Andrew back in the horror film Hellbent back in 2004, and featured the young actor briefly in a birthday post in 2010.   Hellbent is notable as one of the fist gay themed horror films to briefly hit the mainstream, but much of the attention at the time went to actor Dylan Fergus who played the lead in the film.


I was recently reminded of Andrew late one night when catching a repeat of The Nanny as I tried to get to sleep.  I forgotten how hilarious The Nanny could be at times, especially when the incredible RenĂ©e Taylor was in a scene.  I watched the show when I was younger, but don't think I made it the shows final couple of seasons.


Andrew Levitas showed up as Maggie's boyfriends in the show's final season.  Although he only appeared in four episodes, I believe the show wisely had him shirtless in three of them.  The writers made it easy on themselves by making his character Michael an underwear model, making shirtless scenes almost a requirement.


Levitas worked steadily after his stint on The Nanny with roles in films like Hellbent, Psycho Beach Party and Beauty Shop and on television on shows including' Party of Five, Boy Meets World, and Entourage.  Although he continued to act until 2011, Levitas main passion was always his art and his painting, sculptures and artwork has been seen in many exhibitions, galleries and museums.

Psycho Beach Party (2000)

I have to thank The Nanny for reminding me of Andrew, and for encouraging me to check out Hellbent again.  I didn't really remember any nudity, but discovered there was indeed a brief mooning scene, the actors only onscreen nudity that I know of.

Bad Actress (2011)

The Nanny (1998)


Hellbent (2004)



Andrew (third from left)

No comments: