Thursday, November 21, 2019

Favorite Face of the Day: Reed Diamond

0'Pioneers (1992)

Flipping television channels has often led to finding some of my favorite hunks to feature.  That's the case when I recently flicked on the first episode of Feud.  I watched the FX series when it first aired, but found myself drawn back in to the re-airing, mostly due to Jessica Lange's performance.  I only watched for about 20 minutes, and was reminded of my love for actor Reed Diamond.


I was first introduced to Diamond in the 1992 TV movie O' Pioneers.  Based on Willa Cather's 1913 novel, the film featured Diamond, David Strathairn and Anne Heche, O' Pioneers also starred Jessica Lange, who went on to play Diamond's future wife in Feud.  I remember crushing over Reed's beautiful face and curly blonde hair and have kept tabs on his roles since.


Reed began his career in 1988 on one of ABC's Afterschool Specials.  Reed went on to appear in films including; Memphis Belle, Spider-Man 2, and Clear and Present Danger.  Reed's long list of television appearances including regular and guest shots on shows including; Journeyman, Homicide: Life on the Street, The West Wing, The Shield, Dollhouse, 24, Franklin & Bash, The Mentalist, Bones, Minority Report, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Designated Survivor and The Purge.

Feud (2017)



High Noon (2000)

Journeyman (2007)

Recent Selfie

Judging Amy (1999-2003)

When looking to see if Diamond had done any on-screed nudity, the only scene I could find came from an unlikely place.  Diamond recurred on the Amy Brenneman series Judge Amy as Stuart Collins for most of the show's run.  In a season three episode, Darkness For Light, Reed has a fun nude scene, that looking back seems a bit daring for a network television show, especially on CBS. 

I don't think this episode is out on DVD, so the quality comes from an old recorded version I found on-line. If you check out the last cap, (although hard to see) you did get a quick view of Diamond's derriere as he dives into the pool.

No comments: