Saturday, November 16, 2019

Sunday's With Hans: Joshua by Hans Fahrmeyer


I've written before, that artist Hans Fahrmeyer was one of the first photographers I was introduced to when I first go on-line.  I was captivated with Han's images on Vista Video and his work with Phil Fusco, Nick Ayler and Marcel. Han's images were not only some of the first that I saw, they were some of the first that I right clicked, saved, and kept in a yellow folder on my desk top.


Han's imagery is a visual feast of artistic erotica.  Colorful, dramatic and intensely sensual.  In addition to the models I listed above, Hans' images of Joshua also filled up a fair share of space in that yellow folder.  I think the first images of Joshua I remember were the water shots, Han's captures of a naked Joshua being splashed by a bucket of water.  That shoot remained a favorite and the images below remained as my screensaver for quite awhile...


I love Joshua's look, and not only his incredible physique. Joshua has a great face and eyes that powerfully connect with both the camera, and the viewer.  Many models can express their sensuality in front of the camera, but with Joshua, it seems so natural.  He really seems to enjoy being in the spotlight and the connections he skillfully creates through his work.





No comments: