Saturday, December 21, 2019

Hundreds of Stories


'Think of the hundreds of stories we'll create
You and I'


I am not usually a huge fan of musicals, especially one's I have a connection with, being made into movies.  Usually, they're not nearly as good, and I always feel bad for the actors who made their mark playing a role onstage being overlooked when the music is cast.

Anthony Ramos

That being said, I couldn't control my excitement while watching the trailer for In The Heights.  Although I love the music from Hamilton, it was the soundtrack from In The Heights that had a huge impact on my life.  During a difficult transitional period in my life, In The Heights was my go-to music.  I listened to it constantly, in my car, in my house, in my discman. (yes, I was still using a discman in 2008....)



I love every song on the In The Heights soundtrack from the huge opening number to the emotional finale.  Every actor and singer from the original cast perfectly inhabited their roles, and although I wish more of them were in the film, I trust that given Lin-Manuel Miranda not only acted in the film, but co-wrote and is one of it's producers, the results will be amazing.

No comments: