Monday, April 27, 2020

Take Me To The World


Although it got off to a bumpy (and very late) start, last night's 90th birthday party, and celebration of the music of Stephen Sondheim was an incredible two plus hours of music and entertainment. The show was a fundraiser to benefit ASTEP (Artists Striving to End Poverty). Although much of the post show press went (deservedly) to Christine Baranski, Meryl Streep, and Audra McDonald's 'Ladies Who Lunch', the entire show was outstanding.

I especially enjoyed seeing, and hearing, Lea Salonga and Elizabeth Stanley and it was also wonderful seeing Chip Zien singing 'No More' from Into The Woods.  I also loved Chip's not so subtle comparison of the show;s giant, ( who destroys the kingdom) to a certain orange haired ogre like douche bag.


My favorite performance of the night though had to be Josh Groban singing both 'Children Will Listen' and 'Not While I'm Around.'  There is nothing hotter than talent, and Josh's voice always hits me in a variety of places.  I also love the beard he's been rocking of late.  I could listen to his smooth, powerful instrument all night long.  If you missed the show, the entire show featuring so many Broadway greats is on Youtube HERE:



No comments: