Saturday, July 25, 2020

R.I.P Mr. Saxon


I always meant to do a 'Blast From The Past' post on actor John Saxon, but like so many story idea's for the site, I hadn't yet got around to it.  It's always funny when a celebrity dies, what roles the press uses to connect them with.  Most press accounts I read this morning are mentioning his movies, Enter the Dragon, and Saxon's roles in the Nightmare on Elm Street Series.  Although Saxon made many films, it was television where he made his biggest mark.


Saxon's biggest roles were mostly in film and on television in the sixties and seventies. I first saw Saxon on TV when I was a kid on shows from the eighties and nineties.  I remember seeing him on episodes of Murder She Wrote, Melrose Place and Falcon Crest.  He would have been in his late 50's and early 60's during this time, but his sex appeal was still incredibly strong.  It was in his look, his walk, his eyes and voice.  Time to see if I can find some of his earlier film and television appearances! .  R.I.P John Saxon!

No comments: