Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Sunflower Seed


'Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do'
Helen Keller


Some of you may remember these shots of Josh from byKent.  I featured the images, and my connections to the sunflower on the site two years ago.(Sunflower Season)  I'm not really a flower person, but the theme ended up being incredibly timely.  Kent had been planing an Autumn / Halloween themed piece for the site and I hadn't expected to open the attachments to discover a sunflower series.  I knew there was a reason however, as sunflowers had been my mother's favorite flowers.


My mom had passed away just a few months earlier, and I couldn't help but feeling the images were a sign.  If not a sign, I certainly considered them a gift. .It wasn't however my connection to sunflowers specifically which inspired today's theme and series of posts. fitnessfreak_unleashed, gets full credit , due to the image in the post above that he shared on his Instagram last month. When I saw the image of him holding a sunflower bouquet, I tucked it away to use as a 'one off' in my bottom line tagged series of post.


When I later went into my 'to post' folder however, I found I had several other images and story ideas featuring sunflowers.  A theme day was in order!  I needed a few additional shots however, to pull it all together and I knew just where to go.  FH readers know well that photographer Andrew Bowman loves to include flowers in his imagery. I remembered a couple of models holding sunflowers in a previous piece. (The Modesty Bouquet)  I quickly got in touch with Andrew and asked (pestered) if he had more edits of the images including sunflowers. He did, and generously sent them on.

Enjoy the next three pages filled with sunflowers, and the hot bodies holding, smelling and enjoying them!

No comments: