Monday, October 12, 2020

Horror Hunks: Lee Hudson in AHS Freak Show


'I've never done it with a Viking God before...'


I was looking forward to this seasons American Horror Story.  Although the shot has been hit and miss the last few seasons, I always hope for the best.  I mostly skipped last seasons instalment, but was looking forward to Sarah Paulsen and Evan Peters both returning for the upcoming season.  Due to the pandemic, shooting was halted just as pre-production began, but is scheduled to start up again in the new year.



My favorite seasons were the first few, and although I hated the mass shooting which climaxed the show's forth season, up until it's violent and graduates ending, I did for most the most part, really enjoy Freak Show.   Peters, Paulsen and Jessica Lange all had meaty roles to dig into and there were great turns from the supporting cast as well.  

Next two shots from thesergiogarcia

If you watched, you may remember that AHS regular Dennis O'Hare played Stanley, a con-man who wants to kill and sell freaks to the Museum of Morbid Curiosities.  When he wasn't trying to murder, stuff and pickle bodies, Stanley did like to have his fun, especially with a blonde hunk credited in the series only as 'Viking Hustler'


The tall blonde Viking Hustler was played in three episodes by model turned actor Lee Hudson.  Freak Show was Hudson's acting debut, but he quickly went on to appear in several films and on television in  episodes of Claws and NCIS: Los Angeles.   I always find acting debuts fascinating, and Hudson's Viking Hustler is certainly one of my favorites.

Lee and Denis O'Hare




No comments: