Sunday, October 25, 2020

Charmed & Dangerous: That Naked Nerd by PhotoRSH

'The world has called me by many a name: Wizard, Druid, Sorcerer, Mage, Warlock, Pagan, Shaman. But they do not see my truth. The essence of who I am. A man who lives by the Moon Robed in magic. A practitioner of the old ways. I AM A WITCH!'

 
Although I'm supportive of those who are, I've never really been into drag.  I am however, really into men, especially through the visual arts, taking on iconic characters, regardless of their sex.  When I first wanted a witch for the site, it wasn't a warlock I was looking for.  I wanted a hot male model taking on the traditional characteristics of a witch, well... maybe not warts and all.


I am especially intrigued by the blend of the masculine with the traditional qualities and elements of the witch.  The black hat, the broom stick, the spells and magic.   I love seeing how male models navigate themselves through these established elements, and how they handle and ride their long wooden stick...  You can just imagine my excitement when I saw a new hottie straddling his broom stick, especially given the images were from an artist whose work I love and admire.


I've been fortunate to have previously featured the work of photographer PHOTORSH. In those previous pieces however, (HERE:) the focus has been primarily on fitness, and fitness models. Although That Naked Nerd is questionably fit, incredibly so, this is the first time I've featured some of PHOTORSH's character based and themed work. PHOTORSH hadn't really explored a Halloween theme before, but thanks to That Naked Nerd's love of a certain television show, everything beautifully came together!


'There was a little inspiration for the sitting set to be modeled with props and a look to mimic the original “Charmed” series, of which That Naked Nerd is a HUGE fan. We wanted to use some props and set a scene as if from the show, but adding a very sexy erotic twist to it, as everything does with That Naked Nerd.  The standing witch props were more just for a standard “sexy witch costume” idea and something simpler that I could get away with on Instagram with careful censoring.'




No comments: