Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Horror Hunks: Mark Duplass in Creep 2


'A video artist looking for work drives to a remote house in the forest to meet a man claiming to be a serial killer. But after agreeing to spend the day with him, she soon realizes that she made a deadly mistake.'


I think my introduction to actor, writer and producer Mark Duplass, actually came via his brother Jay.  I'd seen Mark in Tammy, and a few other roles, but he didn't initially stand out.  After checking out the first season of Transparent however, I began to research Jay, and it was impossible to google one Duplass, without results for both brothers coming up.


Last October, Entertain Me's creator and writer Michael e-mailed me suggesting I check out Mark in Creep 2.  My Horror Hunks were completed for the season, but after checking it out, I knew Mark would be included in this years killer entries.


Creep 2 is a reality, Blairwitch styled thriller in which Mark plays Aaron, a character he wrote and created in the original 2014 film Creep.  This past year, I've really become a big fan of Duplass, enjoying his turns in Bomshell and The Morning Show.


'Well, this is my destiny. Sara loves her juicy fruit. And Aaron loves to kill.'


What's so impressive and unique about Mark's exposure in the film is how unflinching it is.  There are no bells and whistles, no shadows used to cover, no prosthetics or unique camera angles or edits often used to hide.  Duplass is naked and exposed.  Due to the scenes contest however, although the actor is certainly venerable to invisible audience, Aaron remains creepily in control.  This scene is a clear, and long frontal, but if you want to see an equally unflinching scene featuring Mark's backside, check out the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: