Friday, November 6, 2020

Blast From The Past: Jason London


'All I'm saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life - remind me to kill myself.'
Pink, Dazed and Confused


This piece was originally going to be part of my Horror Hunk series.  I 'half watched' The Rage: Carrie 2 last month, especially when actor Jason London was on the screen.  I loved the original Carrie, but wasn't overly drawn to the 1999 follow-up. The performances were decent, but the story was weak, especially the family dynamics, so central to the power of the original film.

While watching, I was sure I knew actor Jason London.  I recognized his handsome face, but couldn't really place him until a visit to IMDB.  London's worked consistently in film and television since the early 90's, and in some fairly well known projects.  I was surprised however, how few of them I'd seen, especially the role that really launched his fame, 1993's Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused (1993)

As soon as I saw 1991's The Man on the Moon on his film resume, I knew where I'd seen that face before.  19 at the time, London played Court, starring along side co-starred along with Reese Witherspoon in the coming of age film.  This was London' second professional credit, and his first featured film.

The Man in the Moon (1991)

'Don't!  Don't love me now. when things are so mixed up.'


As part of the story, Court and Dani (Witherspoon) form a close friendship during their daily swims on sunny days.  During one of their swims, Court isn't wearing underwear and jumps into the creek nude.  It is a quick flash, and it's doubtful that London was naked for the scene, but it's the closest to a 'nude' scene from the actor.


Many readers may know Jason's twin brother Jeremy, who appeared as a regular on the television shows Party of Five and I'll Fly Away.  Although Jason's biggest hits were in the 1990's, he continued to go between film and television, working steadily through the 2000's and 2010's.  London currently has over a half dozen films due for release in the next year.


Although London wasn't nude in The Rage, there were a few nude extra's walking around in one of the locke room scenes.

The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember reading back in the day that jason brother jeremy was his stunt double for man in the moon so he is the one jumping into the lake