Thursday, November 19, 2020

Botanical: Corey King by Rob Colgan

'Autumn leaves don't fall, they fly.'
 Delia Owens
Whether they fall or beautifully fly, unfortunately fall leaves have to be raked....   The bed of leaves model Corey King is surrounded by are real.  In order to create the look he wanted, Rob Colgan raked bags and bags of leaves all specifically from one type of tree. I first introduced Rob's work with Corey in August, (Undiscovered Remnants) and had to ask Rob about a follow-up after seeing images from his Botanical series on his Instagram.  As much work as it took to get the leaves in there, I'm sure it was equally difficult getting them out...


'I'm sure people thought I was nuts picking through the leaves. I have to tell you, the studio smelled wonderfully organic!'


Check out more of Rob's work with Corey, and read Rob's blog post about the shoot HERE:

No comments: