Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Golden Crown:

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series: Josh O'Connor in The Crown

Most years, I try to do a themed day devoted to The Golden Globes, and of course the nude scenes from the year's nominee's.  The awards, which air this weekend, snuck up on me this year and I didn't have time to research and put it all together.  Maybe the Oscars....  I did however, want to feature actor and nominee Josh O'Connor, who I have been planning on featuring for awhile. 

Thanks to a friend's recommendation, I binged the first two seasons of The Crown last year.  I paused, when Claire Foy and Matt Smith left their roles as Philip and Elizabeth at the end of season two.  I like their replacements, and I'm sure I'll catch up, but the transition was a smooth one and not one that had me wanting to keep going.  The buzz surrounding this year's Charles and Diana story however, is pulling me back, especially given my love for O'Connor who plays Charles.

God's Own Country (2017)

Although O'Connor has an impressive resume, featuring multiple nude scenes, many of us were introduced to the British actor in the 2017 film God's Own Country.  In the film, Josh played Johnny, a bored young farmer who during lambing season, begins an intense sexual relationship with Gheorghe,(Alec Secareanu) a Romanian migrant worker.  I love this film, especially the atmosphere set up by writer and director Francis Lee. 

No comments: