Friday, February 5, 2021

A New Light: Marvin by Bob Burkhardt


'Bob showed me myself in a light, one I never thought I’d be'


As I stated in the previous piece, of the factors leading to the 'fullness' in Bob Burkhardt's work, is his skill at composition and the creative way he utilizes pose with space.  I love the fluidity in Marvin's poses and the way in which he expresses drama and emotion through his moments of movement. I was sure Marvin must be a dancer.


Although he had some basic dance instruction when he was younger, Marvin's flow seems to come more naturally.  Although he likes to dance socially, he maintains his tight lean physique through regular exercise.  I think creative expression is just part of Marvin's DNA, and whether modeling, cutting hair, or in his current job as a tattoo artist, Marvin is always striving to create something visually distinct and unique.


One of Marvin's favorite parts of working with Bob was seeing the final images.  In addition to seeing himself in a new light, he also loved the reception of others who enjoyed what he and Bob created.  Marvin enjoyed every aspect of the shoot, from the process itself, to having his images seen at many of Bob's shows and gallery exhibits, not to mention being included in Bob's book, Body And Soul.  Both Marvin and Bob, look forward to future creative  collaborations!





No comments: