Friday, February 12, 2021

Actors & SKIN: Mario Van Peebles



A disgraced cop is given just 10 days to bring a dangerous gang to justice.


When I was looking for a 12 Days subject for February 14th, I came upon 1998's Valentine's Day.  The movie isn't that well known, and appears to be one of the many straight to video releases from the 90's.  Upon further research, I discovered the film wasn't exactly focused on hearts and flowers, but on a detective named Jack Valentine played by actor Mario Van Peebles.  


I'd of course heard of Mario Van Peebles, but don't think I ever saw him on television or on film, not that I could remember anyway.  But... when I saw that Valentine's Day (also known as The Protector)  had a nude scene, I had to check it out.  I was not disappointed!  Mario bared his glorious backside three times in the film, with the first scene (clip below) being the best.  The sex scene was incredibly hot, and had me looking to check out more of of Mario's man meat.


Mario showed his butt in several other films, all of which I managed to find and capture below.  While researching Mario however, the most fascinating nude scene he shot isn't one I felt comfortable capturing and sharing on FH.  In 1971, when Mario was just 13, he had a nude scene, butt and partial frontal in Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song.

 Los Locos (1997)

Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song was written and directed by Mario's father Melvin Van Peebles, who also bared all in the film.  The elder Van Peebles played a gigolo nicknamed Sweetback, known for his sexual prowess.  The film opens with a scene of young Sweetback (played by Mario) being coerced into losing his virginity by a prostitute.  

Raw Nerve (1999)


Posse (1993)

The opening scene was obviously controversial, and edited out of several versions of the films DVD release.  I believe it is intact in US release, and was in the version that I found on-line.  I'm interested in finding any interviews with Mario discussing the scene, especially given it was directed by his father.  Interesting enough, in 2003, Mario wrote, produced and directed Baadasssss, a film based his his father's experience trying to get the original 1971 film made.  Mario did not include any nude scenes of the young actor playing 'Mario' but he did include a nude scene (below) of his himself discussing the scene in question.

Baadasssss! (2003)

Valentine's Day (1998)

1 comment:

xtian2011 said...

Mario Van Peebles is so hot & cute, I appreciate the post! I recall scenes with him in a speedo in an otherwise forgettable 1980s film 'Last Resort', that I can't seem to find captures of anywhere. If you ever come across & think them worthy of sharing, please do :)