Friday, April 23, 2021

ACTORS & Skin: Gary Oldman

Sexual attraction is an interesting thing.  Sometimes, it springs up to surprise you when you least expect it.  I've never really been drawn to actor Gary Oldman.  Except for his roles in Harry Potter, and his guest stint on Friends, I've not been a huge fan of many of his films.  .

I've certainly seen enough to know he's a great actor, but there's was always something.  Maybe it was the many rumors about him, but he just never really did it for me.  Until this year...

Prick Up Your Ears (1987)

Oldman's skill as an actor has meant he's been nominated for many awards.  That has meant, I've search a few previous times to find his on-screen nude scenes when putting together my award show posts.  I did it, as part of the post, but never really thought much about it.  This year, all of a sudden, I'm salivating over Oldman's Rev. Arthur Dimmesdale in The Scarlet Letter, and searching for each and every one of his nude scenes.

The Scarlet Letter (1985)

This year, I found Oldman incredibly hot, and in addition to The Scarlet Letter, I also thought he was particularly sexy, (and murderous) in 1988's Track 29..  I also enjoyed watching his turn as gay writer Joe Orton in 1987's Prick Up Your Ears. Given his plentiful resume of nudity, it seemed his nomination this year made for the perfect reason for and Ode to Oldman and an Actors & Skin.

Oldman by David Bailey for Vanity Fair (1987)

No comments: