Monday, April 12, 2021

Nature of the Beast: Chris by PhotoRSH


'I was interested in working with a model with a “larger” build.'
PhotoRSH 


For some reason, the use of 'larger build' by PhotoRSH stood out to me, in a good way.  I've always been attracted to men of all shapes and sizes, but lately... I found myself attracted to beefier bodies.  In part, it might be my annoying habit of being drawn to the underdog.  Not that strong, muscled are underdogs, just the opposite in fact.  


We're all familiar with the beach scenario.  You know the one, the muscular hunk kicks sand on the skinny guy with the hot girlfriend.  She then notices what she's missing and leaves her lean lover for the huskier hot hunk.  The scenario was often used in classic promotional ads for body building building magazines, supplements and products.  The beach scene however, never really rang true to me.  Many of the hot muscular guys I've met over the years, have been very kind and sweet.  It's often the smaller guys, whose insecurities can in some cases,  lead to aggression.


I used the word underdog with intent.. In the world of male modeling, muscular models are separated from the rest of the roster of talent in their own category, 'fitness'.  Given that men of all sizes can be fit, we sort of know that the 'fitness' category of models very often means models with larger, more muscular frames.


This category of models is often limited the jobs available, and are not generally used as often in mainstream and fashion campaigns.   This made sense to me when I was younger, but now, for me anyway, it's the larger, well built, muscular man, that can really sell the right shirt, and especially the right pair of pants.


For his shoot with PhotoRSH, model Chris Beast isn't really wearing much clothing, but few pieces of fashion used, are modeled like no other. The underwear, sleepwear and jockstraps cling to Beast's spectacular body, wrapping around torso and beautifully showcasing his muscular frame. PhotoRSH found the perfect larger frame to shoot after seeing the work Chris had done with another Chicago photographer.

'Chris was a great shoot1 I was actually photographing him at the same time as with his brother; so it was a very relaxed back and forth. . Chris was a little nervous but relaxed with the shoot and we did some very fun images.'

Those very fun images, (aka completely naked) shots of both Chris and his brother can be found on PhotoRSH's OnlyFans site HERE:

No comments: