Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Blast From The Past: Simon MacCorkindale


'Don't be silly. That would indicate a shark of some 35 feet in length'
Philip FitzRoyce


I was wrong!  When I wrote on the previous page I hadn't seen actor Simon MacCorkindale in anything before, I had forgotten about his role as  Philip FitzRoyce in 1983's Jaws: 3D  I remember seeing the original Jaws with my dad on VHS as a kid.  It led to many weeks of nightmares and heading into my parents bedroom in the middle of the night.  


Despite that, I love the movie and had to check out the sequels, including catching Jaws 3D a couple of years ago on TV.  The movie was pretty lame, but that doesn't excuse my forgetting Mr. MacCorkindale!   The British actor had quite the eclectic career.  From British productions of Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet and I Claudius to appearing in Jaws 3D, The Duke of Hazzard and short lived 80's series Manimal.  Impressive range! 


MacCordindale and wife Susan George

Obsessive Love (1984)

The Riddle of the Sands (1979)


The Way to Dusty Death (1995)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MacCorkindale died of bowel cancer in 2010 at the age of 58.