Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Luke G: Autumnity


'Or perhaps it is only a blithe-melancholy mindfulness looking before and after that prompts any sense of poignancy, any trace of urgence in a season's change—the muffle bulletins of autumnity unheeded by an uncaring broad belt of the bright world content merely to don its fall singing coat.'
James Nolan


Autumn is my favorite time of year, but my passion for Autumnity flows throughout the year.  No matter the season, I gravitate towards cool breezes, rainy days, shadowed light and rich browns, oranges and reds.  I find Autumnity related visuals both cozy and comforting, especially when accompanied with an especially beautiful male form.

I'm sure many viewers recognize the seraphic and sensual Luke G.  I have featured the actor, model and photographer several times over the years.  I've come to associate Luke with the seasons given the incredible visuals he created.  Luke has been generous with sharing his self-portraits with FH, and I've previously featured his seasonal self-shots in both the cool autumn air, (HERE:) and in the cold winter's snow. (HERE:)


With his long hair and expressive face, there is an almost ethereal feel these shots.  Beautifully erotic for sure, but the emotion Luke exudes, in addition to a clear connection between the man and his environment, make each of Luke's images visually compelling and artistically unique. I'm grateful to Luke for heading into the forest to capture this set of images specifically for FH.


'Another year another autumn. The time where I reflect most on myself, my goals and my desires, tuning into why I do what I do and where I want it to take me. In doing so I just let myself go and let my instincts take over. These are the results.'



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's an awful lot to like in these images, what a beautiful man! The outdoor setting takes it to the next level. He looks like a gorgeous wood nymph.