Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Mr. January

When I first began FH I wasn't really that familiar with many of the men I've gone to feature.  I knew a few models and photographers and a few favorite Playgirl centerfolds, but that's as far as my knowledge base went. Except for seeing a few calendars, I certainly didn't know the names of any of the men of Chippendales.  Back in 2018, I spent a couple of weeks researching, and hunting for images for a two page tribute to the famous male strippers. (HERE:)  It ended up being one of my favorite pieces to research.  

As popular as the Chippendales were, it was difficult to find images for the piece.  By the time we all had the internet, the group was mostly off people's radar.  I enjoyed learning about the group, and especially some of the individual dancers. One of my favorites was model and performer John Gibson. When I first featured John, (HERE:) I used the image below.  I didn't know at the time, it was the January image for a stripper themed 1981 Playgirl calendar.  If you want to see some of the other months of the year, check out the NEXT PAGE HERE:

No comments: