Friday, December 3, 2021

12 Days: Adam LaVorgna in I'll Be Home For Christmas


'Somewhere between L.A. and N.Y. Jake found the meaning of Christmas.'

Ahhh, I remember actor Adam LaVorgna from the 90's and early 2000's.  Not that I saw many of his projects, but I do remember his shirtless beautiful face and pictures in teen magazines.   Lavorgna was a successful child actor in the nineties with the break out role as Nicholas Scamperelli in the series Brooklyn Bridge.  The young actor  received the 1993 Youth in Film Award for Best Actor for his role in the series.

 I never watched Brooklyn Bridge, but I did take notice of the show in commercials and in print.  It's positive reviews and awards had me wanting to check it out, but before I could the show was cancelled.  Lavorgna went on to appear in films and in a supporting role as one of Jessica Biel's boyfriends on 7th Heaven, another show I never got around to checking out.

The image above is from Adam's Instagram and appears to be a shot from Vogue Italia from around 2014.  I tried to find a larger copy, but no luck.


The young had previously appeared with Biel, a year before joining 7th Heaven, his time in the 1998 film I'll Be Home For Christmas.  The Christmas flick starred the 'teen idol of them moment' Jonathan Taylor Thomas as a college student who is left stranded in the desert.  Thousands of miles from home, with no money, he only has a few days left to make it home for Christmas.


Lavorgna played Eddie, another college student who was looking to gain the affection of Ms. Biel.  Given it was a Disney film, there was no actual nudity, but the actor did have a cute shirtless embarrassment scene which was by Disney standards, was still a bit of a surprise. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He was such a sexy actor. Thanks for posting these great photos.