Sunday, October 23, 2022

Horror Hunks: Christopher Stone in The Howling


'What she has witnessed, she cannot escape. What he has become, he cannot control. And what you experience, no one will believe until they come face to face with the inhuman fear that is the howling.'


I had never seen any of the versions of The Howling, but added the 1981 version of the story to my DVR when I saw it scheduled for airing on TCM earlier this month.  I wasn't really expecting much, but I really got into the Joe Dante directed horror flick.  I was especially taken with the cast including; Dee Wallace, Patrick Macnee and Christopher Stone.


In the film, newswoman Karen White (Wallace) is sent to a remote mountain resort after a bizarre and near deadly encounter with a serial killer.  The residents of the resort however, are not exactly who they seem to be on the surface. Macnee plays Dr. George Waggner, who runs the resort and Stone plays Bill, Karen's husband who joins her on her journey.


I didn't really know much about actor Christopher Stone before watching this film. I read he and co-star Dee Wallace worked in several films together and married in 1980, the year before The Howling was filmed.  I have a vague memory of maybe seeing him in a few television shows in the 80's and 90's.  There was something really attractive about him The Howling, a rugged and raw sexuality, perfect of the man who ends up as a werewolf.  


There is a brief nude scene with Stone in transition from man to wolf, but the flames from the nearby fire frustratingly cover most of Stone during the scene. This of course had me wondering if Stone had any other projects on his nudity resume.  I think I may have said this before, but Stone's nudity resume, although sparse, was one of the most oddly interesting ones that I've researched. 


I ended up going down a rabbit hole of couple of strange and odd movies, one in particular, from the early 1970's,  The particularly odd movie that I referenced was so strange, I wondered if I even wanted to feature it on the site.  Of course, I ended up doing so, I had to, there wasn't really any choice.  Check out exactly what I mean on the NEXT PAGE HERE: & HERE:

No comments: