Friday, December 23, 2022

Boy Toy


'A toy is never truly happy until it's loved.'
Rudolph

Every year on Christmas Day, I like to feature a vintage photo series along with the newer images I'm presenting. This series is one I think many of us can relate to. Like so many confused little kids, there were many Christmas's, I craved for a doll.  I knew enough however, to know it wasn't wise to actually ask for one.  I spend hours however, secretly looking at them in the Sears catalogue, and choosing just the perfect one.


I wasn't really however, interested in Barbie or female dolls, I wanted a Ken.  I made due to by asking for the pseudo masculine G.I Joe, but at 6, he was a little too much man for me.  I tried to shave off that damned beard, but I only ended up ruining it.  Today, I get the appeal of Joe, but it took me growing up a bit to appreciate his appeal.


This series of images from Bob Mizer's American Model Guild feature AMG models Jim Morgan and Larry Marianan. The two models play out a real live Christmas morning fantasy we all would have loved to experience.  Not just a doll, but a real life hottie, in the flesh. He was under the tree, ready to unwrap and play with, well... at least until your parents woke up.


2 comments:

Tim said...

I really love the vintage posts!

Phil said...

I love the vintage photography too, and I would have loved a hottie like this for Christmas!