Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Haruehun Airry: Father Figures


'You can’t choose your father, but you can choose your daddy.'

There's something about winter that has many of us seeking something, or someone, more substantial.  During the spring and summer, when it's bright and hot outside, pleasure is primary.  When December and January roll around however, and the temperature dips, it's warmth, safety and security that many of us crave.


If you're one of the lucky ones, to have had a caring father, you know the security that can provide.  I had a great mother, and a strong mother, but when demons dominated my nightmares, and I ran into my parents room, it was my father's side of the bed that I ran to.  I was not allowed to actually get in the bed and disturb them, but there were many nights that  lay beside my father's side of the bed. Thinking back.... I probably picked the wrong side.  My dad was a great guy, but also non-confrontational.  Had there actually been a real monster chasing me, it would have been my mother most likely to have slayed beckoning beast.



Although it's not father's day, artist Haruehun Airry decided it was time to celebrate many fathers, and the hot father figures, that's he shot and worked with.  The models may be dream daddies for some, but they're all also real fathers, models who've inspired Haruehun with their father figures and their impressive fatherhood.



No comments: