Sunday, January 8, 2023

Just Because: Michael Cera


Until recently, I'd never been a huge fan of actor Michael Cera.  Although I like me a hot nerd, I just never got into most of his movies or really appreciated the many talents in his arsenal.  Admittedly, I haven't seen many of Cera's movies, and the ones I have didn't leave much of an impression. I know Juno got Oscar nominations and critical acclaim, but I didn't really enjoy it much at all. 


My feelings about the actor however, changed earlier this year. After seeing Cera in the Amy Schumer led series Life & Beth, I began seeing the actor from a completely different lens.  This was cemented this past week, after seeing Cera on one of the semi-final episode of Celebrity Jeopardy. 

Life & Beth (2022)

I liked Cera's character on the series, and also loved his more mature look.  His facial hair was really sexy and also loved that he gained a few pounds.   His winning his Jeopardy game only made him hotter, although admittedly, his competition wasn't that stiff.  Many of this years celebrity contestants seem weaker, and less of 'celebrities' than I remember in the past.


There are a few of my favorite actors and my favorites hotties working the buzzer however.  In addition to Cera, I  especially enjoyed watching Ike Barinholtz,  Joel Kim Booster, John Michael Higgins, and Ray Romano playing the game.  There are still a few games to go before the finals and looking forward to seeing Patton Oswalt and B.J Novack in upcoming episodes. 

This Is The End (2013)

No comments: