Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Retro Beef: Geoffrey Scott


I've written a few times recently about how old re-runs of the original Dynasty have been airing on one of my local television channels.   I didn't really want to start watching, but given it's on in the late afternoon, I've found myself tuning in while I'm preparing dinner.


The show is currently on season 3 and most of it is brand new to me.  Season 3 marked the arrival of Gordon Thompson, Jack Coleman and the studly Geoffrey Scott.  Although not a fan of Thompson, or his character, it's been interesting to see the new Steven, (Coleman) arrive and watching Mark, (Scott) in his white tennis shorts.  As hot as Scott looks shirtless, it's those legs that are really causing me to look up from the stove while I'm cooking dinner. 

Battle of the Network Stars

Scott made two appearance on ABC's Battle of the Network Stars in 1983.  Although he donned a speedo, I couldn't find many really great shots.  I'll keep looking, I'm sure both episodes are available on Youtube. 


Dynasty was the actors main claim to fame and although he only appeared in two seasons of the Prime-Time soap, they producers made the most of it.  Every time Scott is on screen he seems to be showing a little skin, both shirtless, and often in those tight white tennis shorts.  When I was searching for more about the actor, I was saddened to read he died in 2021, one day after his 79th birthday after a battle with Parkinson's disease.

No comments: