Saturday, June 3, 2023

More than Friends.....


'Paul Michael Glaser thinks “Starsky and Hutch” could have been more than friends.'
PageSix


I wasn't even born when Starsky & Hutch premiered back in 1975, and I've never seen a single episode.  I was however, intrigued when I saw this series of promotional shots posted on Twitter by Danny Deraney (Emmy winning entertainment publicist) Danny often posts throwback images and videos from the 1970's and 80's, 

I loved the fun actors David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser seemed to be having, including a little mutual butt cheek cupping.  Although I'd never seen the show, nor the 2004 film, I had heard of both actors.  I'd read quite a bit about Paul Michael and his late wife Elizabeth.  I was especially interested in her story and her advocacy for education and research focused on HIV and AIDS in children.


After seeing the images on Danny's Twitter, I went down a bit of rabbit hole looking for info and images on the men, especially of course, out of uniform.  I loved reading how open Paul was in a PageSix interview about the homoerotism in the show and the relationship between Starsky & Hutch.


'I think it’s important to understand that yeah, there’s homoerotic elements. … I think the reality is David and I are for the most part — if you have to define oneself — as straight. But you have to be able to recognize there’s a part of all of us that is homoerotic.'
Paul Michael Glaser


When looking for images, there were plenty of shirtless shots of the crime fighting partners.   After checking out a few sites, I found that many came from the shows pilot.  In addition to finding the pilot, and skimming through to cap the shirtless shots, I also found that both Paul and David each had one nude scene on screen.  They were a little hard to locate, but see what I did find on the NEXT PAGE HERE:


A few moments from Starsky & Hutch

1 comment:

JJ said...

Oh I did watch what I could of the show and was SO crushing on David Soul! Then an article came out in The National Enquirer about his upcoming movie Stick Up and that he was supposed to do a nude scene - stripping down and riding horseback with his female costar! I SO had to try and figure out how to get a look at that! Haha!