Sunday, July 2, 2023

Fröhlichen 4. Juli: Simba & James by TR Pics


So why did I use the German translation of Happy 4th of July as my title, well let me explain.  Photographer Tom from TR Pics is American, he lives and mostly shoots in his home city of Dallas, Texas.  Both models, James and Simba are American as well, and both also live in the Dallas area.


I chose to use German as it is one the most common of the four official languages spoken in Switzerland. (the others are French, Italian, and Romansh.)  As much as Tom loves his home country, he also loves traveling and in order to ensure I had Independence Day images I had to pick my favorites early before Tom left for his July Trip to the land known for chocolate, cheese, mountains and lakes.


Tom sent on several 4th of July themed shoots for me to choose from and I truly liked them all.  I was especially drawn to these images of James and Simba as I loved h ow they looked separately, and really loved the shots Tom took of the two of them together.  Sadly, the two are not a couple, but just good friends, but there was something about them together that really visually clicked for me.


It was however, actually their friendship that led to this shoot.  Tom had previously shot James several times.  It was through James that Tom found out his friend Simba had an apartment in Downtown Dallas and was interested in doing a flag themed shoot.  Tom liked the results and how they looked together as well.  So much so, after the flag shoot, they headed outside and continued to shoot, including a heavily graffitied location that Tom loved to shoot models in front of.


Although he'd shot James many times, this was the first, and only time he had the opportunity to shoot Simba.   It also ended up being the last time he worked with James as well.  James ending up starting a new relationship, and a new job, both of which led him to decide that nude modeling was something he sadly had to put behind him. 

Thanks Tom for sending on these images early,  before heading out and across the Atlantic to the place known as Europe's Playground. Hope you're spending the 4th in a Swiss pub drinking a Feldschlössen and enjoying a big plate of Rösti . Say hi to Heidi and  Ich hoffe, Sie haben eine lustige, sichere und sexy Zeit!



No comments: