Sunday, October 1, 2023

Texas.Phoenix: A Visit to Hanlan Point Beach


'I want to thank you to everyone who follows my adventures. I also encourage everyone who shares a similar taste for nude adventure to take steps to find the opportunities. Find nudist friend groups, find clothing optional beaches and campgrounds, develop your confidence to be comfortable in your body. We all see our own flaws but don’t let that stop you. Enjoy your journey, be kind to yourself, and live your life.'

Some of you might recognize Conner, (Texas.Phoenix) from his previous nude adventures on the site.  I've featured his work with photographer Gordon Nebeker, both Conner's solo work, and his couples shoots with Nico and Tim.  (HERE:)  When I noticed Conner posting images and video from his most recent au  natural adventure, I wanted to see, and learn more.


Previously, most of Conner's exposed excursions, took place near his home in Florida.  This particular journey, took place a little further north.  For the last several weeks, Conner has been in Toronto for business.  As you can see, he managed to also find time for a little pleasure and relaxation.   This time however, Conner didn't have a photographer, or another nude male model along.  I shot Conner a few questions to help me with the post, and he sent back such great responses, the remainder of the story, just like this journey, belong solely to him. 


When did your nude adventures first begin?
It’s hard to say when I first started to enjoy being nude outdoors, but it flourished when I moved away from home and came to Florida. I had some nude adventures back in Texas, but I never took photos or anything since the landscape where I’m from is plain and not prime for being discrete. While I’ve been in Florida, I have slowly developed my body confidence and found safe places to be nude and to be more comfortable sharing


This particular photoshoot was all me. I came out to Toronto Island by myself to have a solo adventure. I had heard that there was a clothing optional beach that I wanted to explore. I am traveling with friends, but I don’t know them well enough to know how that conversation would go over. So, I came out and found the beach entirely to myself. Which was nice for me to be comfortable to remove the clothes but also allowed me to take photos without infringing on the privacy of others. I was able to prop up my camera for several photo spots. I found that a shoe can make a great tripod for a camera phone when needed. 


Toronto Island is across the harbor from Toronto in the waters of Lake Ontario. Of the three beaches on the island, Hanlan Point Beach is the only one that is clothing optional. It was very reassuring as I approached the beach that it was clearly marked as clothing optional so that I would not run into any problems. 

I came to the island around midday on a weekday. I would have liked a little more sunshine, but the overcast weather was not too bad. This was my first time visiting the island and the beach, so it was nice to see how spacious it was but that it also had some trees and short walking paths within the clothing optional area. They also had some nice recreational items on the beach. On a more packed day, there could be sand volleyball happening or lunches being eaten at one of the picnic tables. 


I was glad that the beach was empty when I got there only because I was already nervous being in a new place in a new country. Once I walked around for a few moments to get a lay of the land, I decided to enjoy the clothing optional option. I was able to get quite a few photos and photo spots in. 

Then around 30 minutes later, a few people came onto the beach and strolled around. While they were all clothed and didn’t stay long, I stopped taking photos but also just enjoyed the beach as if I was still alone. I came back later in the day and found more people on the beach. This time there were a couple of other nude people around, so I didn’t take any more photos. But I enjoyed the beach all the same. 


How did you get the confidence to share your adventures:
Growing up, the idea of being nude outside always interested me even if I didn’t have the courage or the place to explore it. As I grew in my confidence, I figured that posting online would just be the next step in helping me to get comfortable in my body. I started off small. I would post photos without my face or any identifiers. I probably went through 3-4 Instagram accounts like this before I gained the confidence to post my face and “own” my body on the account. My current account is private because of my family whom I prefer not to find it but also that way people must request to follow. Therefore, giving their consent to view my photos. 


I was always nervous when I first started posting photos. This came from worrying how people would interpret them. Would they say it was attention seeking or not good or just use them against me. As time has gone by and social media has shown nudity to be more common, I grow more comfortable to post my artistic nudes. 

There are still small amounts of hesitation, but I like to post what I like. I like to post these also because it encourages others who are curious to explore being nude as well. I get messages now and then from people asking how I found my confidence or saying they wish they had my confidence. I always tell them that it was a long road for me to get where I am but it’s all about baby steps. Start small and find a good community to support you. 

No comments: