Monday, November 6, 2023

I'm Late, I'm Late! For a very important Tate!

I haven't watched Days Or Our Lives in awhile, but I did tune in to the show's Halloween episode.  Now that it's on Peacock, there are no worries about catching it during the day, or even setting the PVR, it can now be watched easily at anytime.  Although I know many don't like the stand alone Halloween episodes, I always find them so outrageously corny, that they're actually sort of enjoyable. 

I had read that they SORAS, (soap opera rapid aging syndrome) the character of Tate Black, but I hadn't yet seen the actor who took on the role.  Although he plays a boarding school aged kid on the show, 20 year old actor Jamie Martin Mann is not only incredibly talented and hot, he has a wealth of acting experience under his belt. 

As a child actor, Jamie has a long resume of stage and musical theatre roles.  As a dancer, he has danced with New York City Ballet in The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, and Harlequinade; with Alvin Ailey at the Apollo Theater; and as the “Prince” (several times) in The Nutcracker at Westport Country Playhouse. Jamie also won rave reviews for his turn as Billy Elliot in Billy Elliot the Musical

Jamie's big break came playing the son of Eddie Cibrian's character in the short-lived Netflix comedy 'Country Comfort.'  Although the show didn't last long, it gave the young actor the experience to jump right into the demanding role on a daytime drama. From the little I saw, I'm predicting both Tate and Jamie will be hugely popular, and it won't be long before he departs for a role on a CW drama or Ryan Murphy series. 



No comments: