Monday, December 4, 2023

12 Days: David Elsendoorn in My Norwegian Holiday


'She needed a change. He had just the ticket.'


Now that I've started watching Hallmark holiday movies, I've sort of gotten on a roll.  Today, I had a ton of work to do at home, and  had 3 that I had PVR'd on in the background.  I think my favorite was My Norwegian Holiday.  First off, I had to check on it's filming locations, and indeed Vancouver wasn't used as a stand-in for Norway.  The movie was filmed earlier this year in Bergen, Norway and in Ireland.

Second of all, I had to find out if the character Henrik Strom, the romantic lead was actually played by a Norwegian actor.  Indeed he was.  Dutch actor David Elsendoorn played Henrik, and was totally enjoyable in the role.  I use the word 'enjoyable' with purpose.  Although I loved the scenery, the story was just your typical Hallmark fair.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Elsendoorn however, was not only beautiful to look at, he was equally beautiful to listen to and watch on screen. 


David Elsendoorn 
Date of Birth:  November 27, 1994 
Birth Place:  Utrecht, Netherlands 
Zodiac Sign:  Sagittarius 
Nationality: Dutch 
Eye Color:  Blue 
Hair Color:  Blonde 
Height: 6’4″ Inches 
Weight: 74 Kg 

Ted Lasso

Elsendoorn got his start with role in Norwegian film and television projects in 2023.  Since then, he's been working steadily with regular roles in the Psychological thriller  Ik weet wie je bent. and the high school set drama Spangas De Campus. The talented actor got his big international break when he was cast Jan Maas on Apple TV's Ted Lasso.  I believe My Norwegian Holiday is just his second American produced project. 


 'JJ, grieving the loss of her grandmother and seeking inspiration, stumbles upon an unexpected holiday destiny. Meeting Henrik, a Norwegian from Bergen, their connection deepens when he discovers she has a troll figurine from his hometown. '




No comments: