Saturday, February 24, 2024

Thespian Toros


Thanks to reruns, streaming and DVD's, I've been fortunate to have gone back and watched many shows created by the great Norman Lear.  I'm currently working my way through Maude, and although I love Bea Arthur, she is the queen of reaction, Maude seems to have an equal amount of clunker episodes as  are there are great ones. 


One Lear show that I haven't been able to get into is the original One Day At A Time.  I enjoyed the reboot, but have yet to watch more than an episode or two of the original version.  I will give it another shot, but there's just not that break out character or star like many of Lear's other shows. 


I am however familiar with the show and the cast, and recently was intrigued when seeing a post by actor Glenn Scarpelli on Instagram.  I was looking for info on the upcoming Kristen Wiig series Palm Royale, when I noticed Scarpelli had commented on a post actress Mindy Cohn had posted about her appearance in the upcoming series.  

This led me to spend some time on Scarpelli's Instagram page, which included several shots from his teen magazine shirtless pin-up days.  It also featured some recent shots of the actor, who for me, is looking hotter than ever.  Although Scarpelli still acts now and then, according to his Instagram page, his main career focus these days is as a television station owner in Arizona.  


No comments: