Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Colman Domingo in North Star

'A rural rancher and his ailing husband, struggling against poverty and isolation, make a heartbreaking decision in order to preserve the dignity of their marriage.'


Although actor Colman Domingo has been acting professionally since 1995, I'm a little embarrassed to say that I never really knew much about his work and career until this past year.  In addition to his Oscar nomination for Rustin, Domingo also played Mister in the recent re-make of The Color Purple.


When researching the actor for my Oscar posts, I learned the openly gay and married Domingo has also had a few gay roles and nude scenes in his career.  One of the most notable was the 2022 short film, North Star.  It was also great to see Domingo's co-star was Malcolm Gets, an actor many of were introduced to on the sit-com Caroline and the City.


I've been searching, but thus far haven't been able to find a copy of North Star to stream or watch.  I'll keep looking, but thanks to ausCAPS, you can get a taste of the film, as well as the stunning Domingo. 



North Star caps via ausCAPS

No comments: