Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Meet Me in Montana


It's always a little strange to feature an actor I first met as a child star.  There are many actors, from Glen Powell to Devon Sawa to the Culkins, that we met when they were kids.  Now, they're adults, many doing adult roles and nude scenes.   That wasn't however, the case with Montana Jordan.


I know Young Sheldon has been on for awhile, but I only started watching when Montana was already over 20.  As much I liked many things about The Big Bang Theory, I wasn't a fan of Sheldon, nor of Jim Parsons in the role.  Parsons was great, but I just preferred the other characters, and felt Sheldon's shtick go old quickly, at least to me.

My dislike or Parsons Sheldon, was one of the reasons I resisted watching Young Sheldon for so long.  Last season however, was the shows last, and there was so much press around the final episodes, and the upcoming spin-off, I decided to check it out.

After finishing the finale season, I've gone back and watched most of the earlier seasons.  It's a little odd to see Jordan as a little kid, but it was great watching him morph into such a talented older actor.  Jordan also has a swag, and a sex appeal that is undeniable, so now that I've finally watched, it was time to give him a little love.


Speaking of Sheldon, I also love  Iain Armitage in the role.  So much so, I'm sort of surprised the show ended so quickly.  Instead of spin-off, I'm not sure why they just didn't reboot the show with duel stories featuring Armitage in California, and the Coopers back home.  I would have loved to have seen Armitage muddle his way through living alone for the first time.  


I'm also not a huge fan of Mandy and her family, and would have much rather have kept the focus on Georgie and the Coopers.  There was still so much story for Mary, Missy and Meemaw, and although they'll be back to guest star, not sure it makes sense to change the show so much with the talent they had on hand.  Anyway,  George and Mandy's First Marriage premiere's in October, so we'll all get to watch then


No comments: