I wish WKRP in Cincinnati would make it to digital, or even a DVD release. I read that because of all the music they featured, getting rights and permissions for all the songs was not only impossible, but also far too costly. I was just a baby when it originally aired and would love to see the entire series. I have found a few episodes to download, including Filthy Pictures, (HERE:) which featured Gary Sandy in a speedo.
When putting together my piece on Battle of the Network Stars, I looked everywhere to find a shot of actor Tim Reid in a speedo from the show. Although I didn't see much of Reid in WKRP, I did love him in the 1990's adaptation version of Stephen King's IT. Sadly finding a speedo shot from Battle proved impossible.
I'm not sure it was because Reid did not compete in the 'water' events, or there just weren't any images published. I did remember an old shoot with some hot shots of Reid, including a speedo shot. The images were taken by photographer Gene Trindl. Trindl was known for his photographs of celebrities, especially TV stars. Trindl's work appeared in TV Guide over 800 times, including more than 200 of the magazine's covers.





No comments:
Post a Comment