I'm bi, actually!'
Nick
If you were on social media yesterday, you may have seen a lot posts celebrating the start of Bisexual Visibility Month. Bisexual Visibility is observed throughout September to celebrate the bi+ community, raise awareness, and combat biphobia and identity erasure. Despite strides and increased visibility in entertainment and media, there continues to be biphobia both out, and within the larger LBGTQ community.
I of course had to celebrate with my bisexual boyfriend, and TV crush Nick Nelson. If you watch Heartstopper, especially in season one, there many, including Nick himself, who struggle with his being bi. I think Nick was one of the first bi characters on a show I watched and loved.
Of course actor Kit Connor also came out as bi, but that hasn't stopped either he, or co-star Joe Locke from landing a slew of upcoming roles. In addition to Kit's role as Cyclops in the Marvel Universe, it was just announced he'll also play Robber Chambers in the upcoming Preppy Killer. I'm also looking forward to seeing Kit, along with Will Poulter and Manu RĂos in Rapture, the queer medieval zombie horror flick due to start filming later this fall.






No comments:
Post a Comment