Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just Because: So You Think You Can Dance!



I have never really watched So You Think You Can Dance with any regularity. I have had it on in the background and have tuned in to see a particular dancer I liked but this is the first season I have actually invested in the show. I finished off my three weeks of DVR recordings the other night and I am totally hooked! My favorite dancer thus far is the talented ,and awfully, cute Jess LeProtto. The Broadway dancer just makes me smile every time he hits the stage.



My favorite couple however would be Marko Germar (above) and Melanie Moore (below). Together they are magic! Their Lyrical Hip Hop last week hit a note with me because of my own past experiences (which is what great art is supposed to do). The storyline of the dance (never thought I would ever type that phrase) was of a female friend, physically and emotionally, supporting her male friend after he was stood up at the alter. The friendship turns to romance within the performance. I know I am late to the party but I am surprised how many numbers on this show pack such an emotional punch!



No comments: