Monday, February 4, 2013

Past Time


I loved everything about yesterday's game. From the emotional opening with Jennifer Hudson and the Sandy Hook school choir through the nail biting close finish to the game. Alicia Keys was good, but she always seems to let everyone know that before it can actually be said. Beyonce was amazing, but maybe a little bit unoriginal, some of her show I have seen her do on award shows before. The only tension was whether Michelle would make it through her few lines. My one complaint was people on social media. I was not at home for the first part of the game, but was home by the time the black out was over. I turned my laptop to find everyone on twitter seems to think they are a comedian. This certainly is not new, but seemed more annoying last night. As funny as some of the comments were, the 'Football Game being Beyonce's opening act' joke, was flung in one form or another about every six seconds. It wasn't that funny when used last year about Madonna, and years before with other performers.

My favorite commercial was the Budweiser Clydesdale ad (see HERE:) which as manipulative as it was still had me wanting to blubber.

No comments: