Thursday, October 10, 2013

Who Dat?


In August I did my first Who Dat? post, profiling actor Steve Burns. I discovered Steve after purchasing a box of magazines at a flea market and at the bottom were several Tiger and Teen Beat magazines from the 70's. Like Steve Burns, I had never heard of actor William Kirby Cullen until seeing his pin-up (last image below) in an issue of Teen Beat. Before recycling the stash of magazines, I scanned a few images of some of the pin-ups that caught my eye.


At first glance, I thought William might have been actor Kevin Tighe. I had seen a few old episodes of Emergency, and William reminded me a bit of Kevin. William Kirby Cullen worked in Hollywood from the early 70's through the mid 80's with his final roles being guest spots on Airwolf, Highway to Heaven and the horror flick Blood Song.


One Day At A Time (1976)

How The West Was Won (1977)

During his time gracing the pages of teen magazines, William had roles on One Day At A Time, Eight Is Enough, Barnaby Jones, Room 222, S.W.A.T and most notably playing Josh along side Bruce Boxleitner in the 70's western mini series, How The West Was Won. My search did not come up with much info on William, most was related to his role on One Day At A Time. If anyone knows what he is up to today, or if he is still acting in any capacity, would be interested to hear!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie.