Tuesday, December 26, 2017

12 Days: Jesse Hutch in Snowmance

First 3 images by Yinger Wong

I first noticed the high hotness factor of actor Jesse Hutch when we appeared in a few episodes of Smallville back in the early 90's. I really noticed however, in his one episode appearance as Peter in Red-Handed, an episode of Once Upon A Time in 2012. The episode was significant, as I had never watched Once Upon A Time, and although I enjoyed the episode, did not continue to watch after.


I think I watched after seeing Jesse in a promo commercial for the episode. There something about that face, that had me DVR and watch. I quickly found out, others shared my fascination with the Alberta born actor. I did a small piece on FH about Jesse after watching, (Red-Handed) which blew up the sites hits that week. When I saw Jesse credited in the new holiday film Snowmance, I knew Jesse was once again going to spend some time on my DVR.


Now I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Jesse doesn't play the guy the girl ends up with in Snowmance, in fact he doesn't actually play a guy at all. His charater Cole is more the winter inspired and snow built impetus that brings the main couple together. The guy who ends up with the girl is Nick, played by the talented and adorable actor Adam Hurtig.


Now I'm a little embarrassed to say, that I initially stereotyped 'Nick' as the 'gay best friend', but then remembered that TV Christmas movies don't have many 'gay best friends'. It was sort of a nice twist that Nick ended up being the guy and that Jesse was just a hunk of snow eye candy to enjoy and help take us along for the sleigh ride.


Cole & Nick


Playing a snowman means that Cole needs it to always be cold. cold, so.... thankfully when the fire heats up, his shirt has to come off.


No comments: