Friday, February 2, 2018

Favorite Face of the Day: Stephen Caffrey




A few weeks ago while flipping TV channels late at night I stopped on an old episode of Murder She Wrote. I only watched for a few minutes, but long enough to recognize an familiar, and intensely adorable face. I didn't remember the actors name, but after checking the on screen guide, and seeing the episode was entitled Murder in F Sharp, I headed to IMDB.


I should have known it was Stephen Caffrey, although I didn't watch Tour Of Duty, Caffrey's most known television role, I remember falling in 'crush' with that face and smile when seeing his images in magazines and promos for the show. Caffrey got his start in the mid eighties on All My Children, but many of you may know him best for his 1989 role as fuzzy in Longtime Companion. If you don't recognize the face, check out the images of the film below. Caffrey had a beard for his role, hence the name Fuzzy. Longtime Companion was one of the first, and only films at the time to focus on the AIDS epidemic in he 80's.


Caffrey work steadily throughout the 80's and 90's but his roles after 2000 were sporadic. Caffrey's last television appearance in 2015 was playing David Tennant in the short lived series American Odyssey which aired on NBC. Caffrey continues to act though, most in theatre, currently on stage in Costa Mesa, CA playing Lambert in the South Coast Repertory company's production of Shakespeare in Love.


Although I couldn't find a lot of shirtless shots, Stephen did have great legs he didn't seem to mind showing off! The shot above is from the French magazine Ciné Télé Revue. If anyone has a better scan, please let me know!


Legs on Colombo (1990)

All My Children (1984-1986)

With Ricky Paull Goldin in Hard Knox (1984)

Tour of Duty (1987-1990)
Above: With Kim Delaney


With Terrance Knox

With Campbell Scott and Dermot Mulroney in Longtime Companion (1989)

Fuzzy : What do you think happens when we die?
Willy : We get to have sex again.


No comments: