Monday, April 2, 2018

Prime Time Supporters: Rushi Kota


Grey's Anatomy used to be my favorite drama, starting when aired on Sunday night through to about the time of Alex and Izzy's wedding. Since then, my viewing of the Thursday night medical drama has been a bit more sporadic. It's still on the DVR, but for much of the last few years, I either fast forwarded my through it, or skipped it all together. The original characters, especially Alex and Bailey remain favorites and my loyalty to the show I once loved keeps me from taking it off my series recording list.


One of the reasons I stopped watching regularly was all the new faces. Every season or two, they introduce a new herd of interns, most I care nothing about. Before you can even remember their names, most are killed off or written off in time for a new season of recruits. This season, a little less Meredith (whom I like, just don't like on all the time) and a little more Alex had me watching more and more of the season. I find myself front forwarding less and more invested in what is happening with the three or four main characters I like.


I'm glad to be watching again, especially because this seasons crew of new interns is a much more interesting group of characters (and actors) than I have seen at Seattle Grace in awhile. One that caught my eye hard is Dr. Vik Roy played the delicious and talented Rushi Kota. Although I am watching my DVR's recordings, I am still about five or six behind. The episode I watched this week was from aired in early March and had seen of the 'morning after' April picked up Vik at the bar.


The fetching Mr Kota is not only visually stimulating, but an actor I wanted to get to know a little more about. Born in India, Rushi was raised in Queens, NY. and graduated American Repertory Theater/ Moscow Art Theater School at Harvard University with an MFA in Acting. Rushi says he discovered his passion for acting early on, but waited to pursue as a career until he had a solid education to back him up. Rushi appeared in a number of off Broadway shows before making the leap to TV and film.


Off Broadway in Guards at the Taj

Grey's Anatomy: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

No comments: