Tuesday, August 28, 2018

International Man of Mystery: Gatwick by Jack Saul Photography


'The less you reveal, the more people wonder...'


I am not usually a mask person, at least not in images of the male form. Masks and make-up, except at Halloween, are sometimes distracting. My goal is to tell a story, to share the creative process that led to the images that I'm presenting. To me, no matter how many words a photographer or a model shares, it's the image, the body, and especially the face that tell the real story.


With Jack Saul's images of Gatwick, I made an exception. First off, I love Jack's work and have featured his images many times in the past. Despite this, a search of Jack Saul on FH won't lead to finding anything, except for this piece. The artist likes to remain a bit mysterious himself, but some of you may recognize his style and some of his signature shots.


The second reason I wanted to feature Jack's shots of Gatwick is of course, his incredible body. Although his face is covered, his incredible arms, legs and chest, not to mention the rest of his incredible body, are beautifully front and center. Every inch of Gatwick's body is captured by Jack, seductive and inviting. The mask, and it's element of mystery, adding an intensely provocative edge.


The third reason that I wanted to feature Jack's image of Gatwick is exactly the reason I usually don't like the use of masks... story. Although I can't share much of Gatwick's story, I can tell you it's a good one. Gatwick clearly has an exhibitionist streak, a desire to have his beautiful body both viewed and enjoyed. His exhibitionism however comes with risks, hence the mask and secret identiy.


Is he a famous actor, singer or reality celerity? Is he a politician or government worker? Is he a criminal, maybe hiding from the law or someone else? Does he have a wife, girlfriend, husband or boss who would look kindly or support his naked flesh captured so erotically and shared with the world? I can't share much more other than his name may offer the smallest of clues... If you ever find yourself flying to or from England's Gatwick International Airport, you may or may not be close to our International man of mystery. Be sure to check the cockpit...




No comments: