Saturday, December 8, 2018

Blast from the Past: George Peppard


The first time I saw actor George Peppard, it was during his run on The A Team, a show my father watched, but a show I had little to no interest in.  Although I later discovered the hottness of actor Dirk Benedict, a the time, the show, and especially Peppard, did nothing for me.

With Dirk Benedict in The A Team (1983-87)

It was years later when finally seeing Breakfast At Tiffany's, that I got the Peppard appeal.  Whenever the film is television, I DVR it, and although it hasn't really ever lived up to the hype, it's a bit of a problematic classic... but the handsome blonde, especially shirtless and smoking in bed, always manages to grab my attention.

The Victors (1963)

Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)

'You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.'
Paul Varjak


1 comment:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

OMG same! Peppers in Breakfst is DREAMY.