Thursday, January 9, 2020

Ad Men: Liberty Bibbity!


'As a struggling actor, I need all the breaks I can get.'


I made a note to check out the actor in the new Liberty commercial awhile ago, but before I could start my research, someone at DC forms beat me to it!   Given how 'bad' the struggling actor is in the ad, the actor portraying him, has to be far more skilled.

Saskatchewan born actor Tanner Novlan plays the struggling, but appealing actor, and from the looks of his resume, his career struggles maybe coming to an end.  Some eagled viewers might recognize Tanner from roles on LetterKenny, Rizzoli & Isles, Bones and Parenthood and Mohawk Girls. Novlan was also in the recent holiday film My Best Friend's Wedding, as well as a part of David DeCoteau's 2011 flick 1313: Giant Killer Bees!


Next up for the actor is a new pilot which will utilize the Canadian actor's love of hockey.  Novland recently filmed the pilot for Puckheads along with Colin Egglesfield and Nicholas Turturro.  The comedy-drama series  focuses on the life of Paul Brooks, a retired professional hockey player who is now an assistant coach on the team he used to play on before a career ending knee injury.  I am not sure what network the show is going to air on, but the casting notice called for nudity, so fingers crossed!


With friend and former room-mate Chord Overstreet


1 comment:

JiEL said...

Well, another cute man that makes me proud to be Canadian.
I saw his Liberty add on TV and was immediately in love…

I like all of him and he reminds me of Steven Strait of the Expance and other nice movies.
PS. I've just order on Amazone the latest of Steven Strait, Life Like…

Have to see it..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6547786/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1