Saturday, April 18, 2020

FaVorite Face: Ben Mendelsohn


I posted in January of my new found crush on actor Jason Bateman.  I'd just seen the first two episodes of The Outsider, and was drawn to Jason's work both on, and behind the camera.  I paused after the first half, and only finished the Stephen King created series last week.


The series was so perfectly cast.  In addition to Jason, I was impressed and drawn to the work of Mare Winningham, Cynthia Erivo, Marc Menchaca and especially Ben Mendelsohn.  Even playing a tired and pained police chief, on the hunt for a supernatural killer, there was something incredibly sexy about Mendelsohn.


Below: With Kylie Minogue in Sample People (2000)

I've actually featured the Australian born Mendelsohn twice before on the site, without really paying attention to his brilliance as an actor.  I think I first noticed Mendelsohn when looking for caps of Simon Baker's nude shower scene in the 1999 TV movie  Secret Men's Business. 


 I also remember looking for his nude scene when doing an EMMY feature when he was nominated for his role on Bloodline.  I kept reading about how good Bloodline was, and intended to check it out, but after seeing The Outsider, maybe now's the time.


Secret Men's Business (1999)



Untogether (2018)

Bloodline (2015-2017)

No comments: