Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Just Because: Julian Rhind-Tutt


Just because, every time I see that Notting Hill is on television, I mean to research and do a post on English actor Julian Rhind-Tutt.  I think I've seen the first forth of the film five or six times.  Only once did I make it to the end.  It's got a some great scenes, but they don't for me, sustain through to the happy sappy ending.


One scene I always perk up for is the scene in which Hugh Grant pretends to be a journalist for Horse & Hound magazine when meeting up with actress Anna Scott (Julia Roberts) at a press event.  Sliding into the scene with Hugh is a journalist from time out magazine who always grabs my attention.  As adorable as Grant is in the film, and as 'Floppy' as his hair, actor Julian Rhind-Tutt gives him a run for the money in the floppy hair department.  Bonus points for it's color!


Born in the historic town of Middlesex England, Rhind-Tutt is well known the UK for his roles on stage and in films including Bridget Jones Baby, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Les Misérables, The Saint, and the upcoming screen version of the play Blithe Spirit.  On television, the actor has appeared in shows including Green Wing, A Touch of Cloth, The Witcher, Merlin, and Britannia.  The actor's also been seen in films


Rhind-Tutt's role in Notting Hill wasn't his only role which grabbed my attention.  I didn't know it until putting together this piece, but he also appeared as Taylor, one of Saffy's friends in Donkey, a 2001 episode in the fourth series of Absolutely Fabulous.  I remember being drawn to his long, auburn, and definitely floppy hair, when I saw the episode for the first time.

Absolutely Fabulous (2001)

Rhind-Tutt's nudity on screen has been minimal, and no real nudity that I could find.  He did briefly flash his butt in two episodes of Britannia, (below) but the scenes are not exactly sexual in nature...


Britannia (2017-2019)

No comments: