Saturday, October 17, 2020

FaVorites: Peter Barton


When I was looking for images for my Shocktober piece last week,, I paused when I got to images of Peter Barton. . Peter appeared in Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter. (HERE:)  Like so many killings in horror movies, victims often lose their clothes just before their slaughtered.  Although Peter didn't show much skin, he was 'nude' in the shower and nudity always adds to the vulnerablity and exposure before a violent end.


I always stop when I see images of Peter Barton, he has such a memorable face.  I remember the first time I saw an image of Peter in an old Tiger Beat magazine when I was a kid.  His features are so beautiful and defined and meant to be filmed and photographed.


Sadly, his face wasn't enough to sustain a successful acting career.  Although Barton appeared in several television shows, none made it past their first season.  He had better luck on soaps, but Barton's last on screen appearance was on The Young and The Restless back in 2005.


Peter might be still living off the inheritance he received back in 2013.  Some of you may remember that a fan left Barton, and another actor, almost a half a million dollars each in appreciation for what their careers brought to his life.  Scott Baio and Leif Garrett must be pissed...




No comments: